Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Facebook Denise Milani

another step

I just finished Little Red Riding Hood! Finally! And for once without killing myself to the task. If only I was not sick ... This also prevented me to go Festival Animasia ... I'm really sorry about that! I present my apologies ... but I do not feel one day and go back one day (8 hours by train without counting the bus to the train station ...) with my fatigue.

Little Red Riding Hood finished, I am working on other things. I was talking recently about my project " Strawberry Macaroon and Arsenic," the story of three young women (heroin remains fresh even though the three are present in equal amounts) and especially their friendship. For it is the theme of this book: friendship. And then the love stories too, a little. On a humorous tone, sprinkled surrealism and fantasy.

I show you an illustration that I thought at the beginning of the project (roughly since the late Gothic Lolita ). But the characters change their appearance.
Strawberry will be more 50's pinup and American origin.
Macaroon will be very sweet.
Arsenic in pretty much in that spirit, it will retail around Indian India.
I'll add other more recent images soon.

I want to make this book something really nice, happy. One of those books that looks more like a window that could be open when desired to return to fresh air into his life. And above all, a lot of freedom!

The project, even if it is in gestation for a year just to see his synopsis and completed his script. The contract is not signed, it must first pass into the hands of my lovely Collection Manager ( Audrey Alwett ) followed by those of my editor ( Sun ). This is a project still different from what I normally do because it will be a comic-romantic-comedy-fun-and-fresh.
But I also have in my drawers another classic tale that I shall in the spirit of Alice in Wonderland . It released in December 2011. So
Strawberry Macaroon Arsenic and must wait to be given the green light. Or not ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment