Sunday, December 26, 2010

What Happens If I Don't Worm My Dog

Naomi Strikes Back! Summer

During Children's Book Festival Montreuil, Noemie Alazard came to interview me. But not me! As luck that Yuka (singer Kokusyoku Sumire) was there too. The former president of the association and red ribbon lace Rose, Nella, was also interviewed.
short, hanging out with friends!

It's been a few interviews where people ask questions disturbing ... (Not necessarily those NoƩmie)

Let me explain.

First question:
- You are the leader of the lolita is not it?

my answer:
- no, the Lolita movement does not need a leader. It is an approach based on freedom and who does not need a leader. It's a trend that claims of individual liberty, freedom of expression, artistic. So the head is too much.

Second question:
- It does not bother you to be the representative of a consumer movement?

My answer:
- The Japanese brands have led the majors consumerist aspect: a collection every month, new accessories. Exclusive products, limited edition, each month.
For me, this kind of approach is the opposite of a movement that wants artistic female. An adult female approach and a desire to challenge intelligently. Finally punk but more can be reflected.
short, given the current behavior, I do not want to be associated with the word "Lolita", the latter conveying the frantic need to buy some of that over. But the branding is exorbitant prices for dubious quality.
I liked the whole "Do it yourself" in the middle. I feel it has disappeared for new generations of Lolitas. May also be due to lack of information ... This new trend
disgusts me and I prefer to get away from it. I'm talking about the commercial aspect of Lolita.

Last question:
- you continue to get involved in this movement?

My answer:
- no. Too much time and money spent for a minority. The same movement has been hijacked by extremists lolitas (of the extreme right, with criteria of skin color, height, weight). The brands of keeping them there is only a handful of girls who believe in this approach Art. It is the latter that I will support, certainly not the others.


Even the media see as lolitas funny creatures obsessed with the need for more ... me it makes me sad ... Lolitas, that's not it ... stop your endless lists of dream dresses ... it will do nothing. You are already as you are. Which need more?

Finally ... I would say that I am working more as I did until now. I'll just do what I do best: draw and write stories. And if I can help people, women or men, lolitas or not, I my pleasure. But no question of me stuck with a label.

0 comments:

Post a Comment